configure: error: Package requirements were not met

Dietmar_Schindler at mra.man.de Dietmar_Schindler at mra.man.de
Mon Jun 26 01:15:29 PDT 2006

Hello!

I tried to build in the modular tree as described at http://wiki.x.org/wiki/ModularDevelopersGuide from the released tarballs using the build script http://webcvs.freedesktop.org/*checkout*/xorg/util/modular/build-from-tarballs.sh and got messages in the process such as

WARNING: xextproto does not exist -- skipping

and finally the error

checking for X11... configure: error: Package requirements (xextproto xtrans xau xcmiscproto bigreqsproto) were not met:

No package 'xextproto' found
No package 'xtrans' found
No package 'xcmiscproto' found
No package 'bigreqsproto' found

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables X11_CFLAGS
and X11_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

after which the script exited.

Now there's something I don't understand. I would have thought that if there is a line such as

    build proto xextproto

in the build script, then there has to be a module tar file named xextproto-*.tar.$COMPRESSION in the proto as well as in the everything directory. But there isn't ...
What's wrong here?

--
Best regards,
Dietmar Schindler