Xorg 7.0r1 / i810 / ForceBios doesn't work with fairlite drivers

Philip Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Sat Jun 24 10:42:10 PDT 2006

Tim Dijkstra wrote:

>On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 09:57:18 +0200
>Christian Weiske <cweiske at cweiske.de> wrote:
>

>>Alan,
>>

>>>In the interim, continue to use the i915resolution program instead.
>>>

>>I can't use it when hibernating, as I can't call the program before
>>resuming.
>>

>Just call it from an initramfs then, just before the resume kicks in,
>works great for me.
>
>grts Tim

Say, I was wondering... As long as we continue to drag the ball & chain
called VBE, why not integrate the 915resolution into the i810 driver and
pass the parameter in as a kernel flag when booting?

That way, the i810 module could register an ACPI handler that remembers
to rewrite the RAM copy of VBIOS when the machine returns from
suspend, etc... and it would just work.

-Philip