Xgl compile problem

Ioannis Nousias s0238762 at sms.ed.ac.uk
Sat Jun 24 06:08:00 PDT 2006

Alex Smith wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've got a copy of the xserver git repo from today, and tried to
> compile Xgl. I get this error while compiling:
>
> xglcompose.c: In function 'xglCompositeGeneral':
> xglcompose.c:134: error: 'union _SourcePict' has no member named 'source'
> xglcompose.c:172: error: 'union _SourcePict' has no member named 'source'
> make[3]: *** [xglcompose.o] Error 1
> make[3]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/fst/src/xgl-20060624/hw/xgl'
> make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/fst/src/xgl-20060624/hw/xgl'
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/fst/src/xgl-20060624/hw'
> make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>
> I obtained the repo with
>
> git-clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Alex
whilst in xserver directory do this:
git checkout -f xgl-0-0-1

next time you want to update your local xgl branch do this:
git pull . xgl-0-0-1

having said that I do get compilation errors as well, related with some
symlinks to Mesa files (arrayobj.[ch]), which I can manually set, but
then I have run-time missing symbols.

I patch might be somewhere out there. I hope someone can point me to the
right direction.

regards,
Ioannis

PS: I'm very new in git, nevertheless I think the above is the correct
way to switch to a branch and update it.