x.org 7.0.0 945GM will not go into 1280x800 mode

Jeffrey Hundstad jeffrey.hundstad at mnsu.edu
Fri Jun 23 14:08:45 PDT 2006

Tim Dijkstra wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 13:43:31 -0500
> Jeffrey Hundstad <jeffrey.hundstad at mnsu.edu> wrote:
>

>> Hello,
>>
>> First thanks for your time.  I've just received a Dell Latitude D820
>> with an Intel 945GM (pciid: 8086:27a2).  The display claims to be a
>> 1280x800 display... but I can't for my life get it into this mode.  I
>> can only use it at 1024x768.  I've used get-edid and parse-edid to
>> get a valid mode line but still can seem to get it to work.  I'm
>> using the i810 driver.  Can someone lend a few minutes to see if I'm
>> missing something somewhere.
>>
>> I'll attach my config and log output and lspci output.
>>
>> Thanks again for your time.
>>

> Google for 915resolution. It's a hack to change your video bios.
>
> grts Tim

Tim,

Thanks a ton!  915resolution did the trick.

For reference:

915resolution can be found at: http://www.geocities.com/stomljen/
The Debian package is called: 915resolution
The Debian config file is at: /etc/default/915resolution

--
Jeffrey Hundstad
PS I'll contact the author of the web page above and make sure my laptop