Xorg 7.1 + Mesa 6.5 + uClibc 0.9.28 + gcc 4.1.1, extensions/libglx.so lockups

Jerome Glisse j.glisse at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 04:22:07 PDT 2006

On 6/23/06, Kevin Day <thekevinday at gmail.com> wrote:
> When I type startx the screen goes blank, and the machine locks up,
> and must be hard-rebooted.
>
> The /var/log/Xorg.0.log stops having information on the libglx.so
> module loading.
>
> So, to test, I tried gdb, but gdb does not prevent the Xorg from
> switching the screen mode and the system still locks up, even in
> stepping mode.
>
> I renamed the extensions/libglx.so file to another name so that
> it would not be found and therefore could not load, and Xorg starts.
>
> I cannot figure out where to begin to look for this problem.  Not even
> a kernel panic has a chance to occur, the entire system locks like
> that other operating system I need not name.
>
> If I can get some steps I need to take to find the problems and deal
> with this issue.
>
> Major files are:
>   Xorg 7.1 Stuff:
>    xorg-server 1.1.0:
>      ./configure --with-mesa-source=$WO/Mesa-Build --enable-dri \
>      --enable-glx --enable-glx-tls --enable-lbx --disable-fontcache \
>      --enable-xgl --enable-xglx --enable-xegl --disable-secure-rpc \
>      --enable-multibuffer --enable-dmx
>
>    Mesa 6.5:
>      sed -i 's|lib/modules|lib/X11/modules|' src/glx/x11/dri_glx.c
>      sed -i 's|lib/modules|lib/X11/modules|' \
>      src/mesa/drivers/dri/Makefile.template
>      make linux-dri-x86
>
>    Gcc 4.1.1
>    uClibc 0.9.28
> --
> Kevin Day

Could you provide more information on your configuration,
like graphics card, ... also try disabling DRI (comment out
the line about dri in xorg.conf).

Also remounting you /var partition with sync option might
help to get further information in the log.

Please use xorg at lists.freedesktop.org insted of
xorg-modular. It's no longuer alive maybe we should kill it.
It was used during modularisation of Xorg.

best,
Jerome Glisse