Xorg 7.0r1 / i810 / ForceBios doesn't work with fairlite drivers

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Wed Jun 21 07:54:04 PDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-06-21 at 10:21 +0200, Christian Weiske wrote:
> Alan,
>
> >> In the interim, continue to use the i915resolution program instead.
> > I can't use it when hibernating, as I can't call the program before
> > resuming.
> Do you still have an old driver version for 6.8 lying around somewhere?
> Then I could go back to 6.8 and continue living happy.

The whole driver history is available from the git repository; you can
pick any version you like from there.

If you have a post-i845 chip, you might even try the 'modesetting'
branch which avoids the need for i915resolution entirely as it can
program your LVDS native mode without assistence from the BIOS.

Modesetting isn't ready for general use because it doesn't yet support
all of the wacky DVO and sDVO outputs, nor does it support output
switching on the fly. When that work is done, we expect to switch
'master' over to it.

keith.packard at intel.com