XAA vs. EXA in old hardware support

Alan Cox alan at lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk
Fri Jun 16 16:56:29 PDT 2006

Ar Gwe, 2006-06-16 am 17:20 -0400, ysgrifennodd Michael Lorenz:
> So EXA dropped hardware line drawing? On both the P9100 and the cg6
> it's significantly faster than in software, especially on newer cg6
> where it's quite a huge margin. Probably doesn't have much of an effect
> on overall X performance I guess.

It has a horrendous effect on xtank, one or two other games like one of
the battlezone games and not much else I've found so far. X still
abstracts the line draw so you can certainly extend EXA to allow line
drawing overrides without breaking anything.