launchpad freedesktop bugs

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Thu Jun 15 16:31:43 PDT 2006

On Thu, Jun 15, 2006 at 03:23:25PM -0700, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> Does anyone know what
> https://launchpad.net/malone/bugtrackers/freedesktop-bugs is for?
>
> It has Xorg bugs listed there.
>
> It links to https://bugs.freedesktop.org/ but the bug numbers don't match
> up.
>
> Why two different issue tracking systems?

If you look at Launchpad and Malone, you'll see that Malone is somewhat
of a meta-bug-tracker: in addition to tracking its own issues, it also
aggregates issues from a number of different trackers (several
Bugzillas, Debian's debbugs), so you can link bugs together.  For
instance, if someone files a bug in Ubuntu or Debian about a specific
Xorg bug, you can link that bug to the upstream bug, and see the status
tied together.

Launchpad, however, has nothing to do with us, and is run by Canonical
Ltd, as you can see on launchpad.net.  I'm pretty sure there's a
launchpad-users list, too, where follow-up questions would be much
better directed.

(In case it wasn't clear, bugs.fd.o is our only bug tracker.)

Cheers,
Daniel