[cairo] Re: cairo gradients

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Thu Jun 15 15:23:12 PDT 2006

On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 17:59:55 -0400, David Reveman wrote:

> These gradient updates went into xgl before it was moved to xorg tree so
> you have to look in kdrive tree for those changes.

Oh, the pain of the multitude of X CVS trees...

Hopefully all X developers will move to git so that can be a thing
entirely of the past, (the pain that is... people can still host
multiple trees, but now when they merge all the history will be
there).

> A fix for the server crash should be pretty small. However, larger
> changes are needed for accurate gradient rendering. I fixed the gradient
> code in pixman so that we could switch cairo over to it. Xgl branch is
> using this newer gradient code but master branch is still using the old
> code.
>
> We can probably convert the pixman patches to fb without too much
> trouble.

Hmmm... OK. I'm busy fighting other cairo fires for now, so I won't be
looking into this myself right away.

[I don't know if I made it clear after I pulled this thread over to
xorg@, but the gradient code in the X server now doesn't seem to be
good for much other than crashing the X server. The patches we're
discussing here are for fixing that.]

-Carl