help needed with X11 cursor and observed behavior

nick lidakis nlidakis at verizon.net
Sat Jun 10 16:03:00 PDT 2006

John Hughes wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-06-08 at 12:23 -0400, nick lidakis wrote:
>
>> John Hughes wrote:

> making a symlink from  to 08e8e1c95fe2fc01f976f1e063a24ccd
> (sic) fixes the problem for me.
>
> I cannot find anywhere this insanity is described.

Forgive me, but I don't understand how you fixed that. And forgive me
for being a bit of a X11 newbie. By fixed, do you mean that you know see
the whiteglass watch cursor when using Firefox and Thunderbird, or the
symlink makes the Industrial watch show up? If so, could you give me a
step by step on how to fix whiteglass?

Also, when I apt-get the comixcursors package, Firefox and Thunderbird
seems to work fine with those themes. But I'm partial to whiteglass and
would like to get the watch working. When I use K3B (a QT/KDE based app)
the watch works just fine.

Thanks again in advance.

Nick