Scancodes and Keycodes for a special Keboard

Anes Lihovac anes.lihovac at web.de
Fri Jun 9 08:11:47 PDT 2006

Hi

I am  tyring to get a Siemens TATEL K-282 Keyboard
on Linux 2.6.15 with Xorg 6.9.0 working . This Keyboard
comes with various extra keys like F13-F20,
the Num-Pad has a "=" Key and a Ce Key
and some others keys. I have a table with  the scancodes
for those Extra Keys.

I managed to get most of those keys working, just one
key isn't working. According to the table with the
Scancode I received, it is sending 0x71.
It is a "=" Key on the Key Pad.

When I press this key for the first time in xev i get:

KeyPress event, serial 27, synthetic NO, window 0xe00001,
    root 0x3f, subw 0x0, time 26432, (74,-9), root:(919,18),
    state 0x10, keycode 148 (keysym 0x0, NoSymbol), same_screen YES,
    XLookupString gives 0 bytes:
    XmbLookupString gives 0 bytes:
    XFilterEvent returns: False

and the output of those KeyPress Events will never stop. The Time output
changes and the rest stays the same. When I kill xev, start it again, and
press this "=" Key, I will not get an output anymore. After killing and
restarting X it behaves the same like just described.

Any Idea what this could be, or how to get this Key working ?

Thanks In advance and best regards

Anes