Freetype internal headers used in X11R7.1 build ?

J. Hart af804 at bfn.org
Wed Jun 7 06:13:53 PDT 2006

While building X11R7.1, I get the following error:
---------------------
ftfuncs.c:57:10: #include expects "FILENAME" or <FILENAME>
ftfuncs.c:59:10: #include expects "FILENAME" or <FILENAME>
ftfuncs.c:60:10: #include expects "FILENAME" or <FILENAME>
---------------------

In looking at ftfuncs.c I find the following :
#include FT_INTERNAL_TRUETYPE_TYPES_H
#include FT_TRUETYPE_TAGS_H
#include FT_INTERNAL_SFNT_H
#include FT_INTERNAL_STREAM_H

These look like references to internal Freetype headers.  I understand
that these are no longer exposed for external use in the most recent
versions of Freetype.  Is there a patch or workaround for for X11R7.1 ?

Regards and Thanks in advance.