incomplete x11r7.1 tree

A. Duvnjak duvnjak at aanet.com.au
Mon Jun 5 02:31:26 PDT 2006

Hi,
  I've noticed the X11R7.1 tree on ftp.x.org and its mirrrors are incomplete.  In particular many of the required proto files and some libraries are missing (such as xproto, bigreqsproto, xtrans etc), and need to be obtained from the X11R7.0 tree in order for X to build properly.

  I understand this isnt particularly a problem for developers and those upgrading from X11R7.0 as the requirements will be met from the previous install/build, but it is quite a hassle for those building X11R7.1 on its own.

  Is there a reason behind this, or was something just overlooked?