Multihead regression

Pedro Côrte-Real pedro at pedrocr.net
Fri Jun 2 06:58:34 PDT 2006

I've upgraded from ubuntu breezy (6.8.2) to dapper (7.0) and my
multihead setup stopped working. I have a i810 and an nv card. The nv
card doesn't work saying that it can't find the V_BIOS. It worked
before. In the mean time I switched to the "nvidia" closed driver and
it works.

I don't have GLX though:

$ glxinfo
name of display: :0.0
Error: couldn't find RGB GLX visual

   visual  x  bf lv rg d st colorbuffer ax dp st accumbuffer  ms  cav
  id dep cl sp sz l  ci b ro  r  g  b  a bf th cl  r  g  b  a ns b eat
Segmentation fault

This happens on both displays. Probably because of the closed source driver.

I've gotten both xinerama an normal multihead to work. I prefer
normal-multihead because I get separate virtual desktops in both
heads. Is there any way to move windows between the heads using this
setup?

Thanks,

Pedro.