i810 - Direct Rendering

Jerome Glisse j.glisse at gmail.com
Sun Jul 30 02:35:35 PDT 2006

On 7/30/06, Shakaa <shakaa at wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I compiled the lastest Xorg on git repository with the xf86-video-i810
> driver 1.6.1,  all is fine but the direct rendering is always
> disabled... I set dri module to load in xorg.conf and set option
> "NoAccel" "false" but this doesn't fix the thing.
> is Direct rendering option with this type of hardware (i810 with 845G
> chipset) supported ?
> What is the required configuration in xorg.conf to make it works ?
>
> Thanks!!

Do you see direct rendering disabled in xorg log or with glxinfo ?
If your xorg log state direct rendering enabled then you probably
have a conflict with your libGL or dri module try:
LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose glxinfo

Otherwise check your xorg log it will likely report what is wrong
(like outdated drm module or somethings like that).

best,
Jerome Glisse