XDM and -rdynamic trouble

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at sun.com
Mon Jul 24 15:41:42 PDT 2006

Jan Engelhardt wrote:
> -rdynamic exists for long time and was/is even in the ol' XFree86
> (4.3.0) sources, even though the changelog from xdm-X11R7.1-1.0.4.tar.bz2
> says it was added in 2005.

That's when it was added to the Makefile.am's, which were created in 2005
to replace the old Imakefiles.   xdm actually has support in the code for
building without -rdynamic and passing pointers to all the needed functions
to the dynamic greeter library, but I don't think anyone ever added
autoconf/automake support for choosing to use that instead of -rdynamic.

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com