Xorg configuration

Stanislav Sedov stas at 310.ru
Sat Jul 15 10:26:35 PDT 2006

On Mon, 10 Jul 2006 15:34:55 -0400
Joe <dev at freedomcircle.net> mentioned:

> I did some research on R128 and drm and found Eric Anholt's page on
> DRI Troubleshooting
> (http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/dri/troubleshooting.html).  I ran
> glxinfo and it said "direct rendering: No" so I commented out the
> 'Load "dri"' line from xorg.conf and retried.  This time KDE came up
> fairly quickly, although it still appears a bit sluggish compared to
> WinXP.
>
> Although I "lucked out", I'm not satisfied with the loose ends that
> are left, so allow me to ask once again for some help or hints as
> where to find answers to my questions.  Thanks in advance for your
> cooperation.

Try to use recent version of Xorg and drm from CVS (or 7.1).
FreeBSD port's version is slightly outdated and may have
some issues with direct rendering, that were already fixed.

--
Stanislav Sedov         MBSD labs, Inc.         <ssedov at mbsd.msk.ru>
Россия, Москва         http://mbsd.msk.ru

If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts.  -- A. Einstein
PGP fingerprint:  F21E D6CC 5626 9609 6CE2  A385 2BF5 5993 EB26 9581