evdev mainteiner

Zephaniah E. Hull warp at aehallh.com
Mon Jul 10 22:56:43 PDT 2006

On Mon, Jul 10, 2006 at 12:47:47PM -0300, Tiago Vignatti wrote:
> Is Zephaniah the evdev module maintainer? My messages might have ended
> up in his spam box cause he doesn't answer my mails. So Zephaniah,
> please contact me, I need to talk with you about xf86-input-evdev and
> x-input-evdev (coordinate this work).

Sorry about not getting back to you before now.

Basicly, from the patches I've seen prior to now, I don't especially
like the approach.

More to the point though, there is some change in just what the DDX does
and does not need to provide coming down the pipe which should, if done
right, may make it fairly easy to move a good bit of the xfree86 input
DDX that's not already part of mi into something that could be fairly
easily reused by Xgl and the Kdrive servers without a ton more effort.

That would actually allow the full xf86-input-evdev to be used in all
cases, instead of a stripped down version that behaves very differently,
and at least IMHO, that sounds like a big enough win to put the effort
into once the other changes get into the git tree.

But that's still going to be a bit in the future, as will some noticeable
design changes to accommodate the server itself handling hotplug, so the
current x-input-evdev is probably at least a good interim solution, but
I am honestly not sure about it's place in the longer term.

Zephaniah E. Hull.

--
	  1024D/E65A7801 Zephaniah E. Hull <warp at aehallh.com>
	   92ED 94E4 B1E6 3624 226D  5727 4453 008B E65A 7801