Hungarian layout problem with evdev driver

Zoltan Boszormenyi zboszor at dunaweb.hu
Fri Jul 7 13:24:18 PDT 2006

Ander Conselvan de Oliveira írta:
> Zoltan Boszormenyi wrote:
>> Ander Conselvan de Oliveira írta:

>>> I guess it should be "XkbModel" "evdev".
>>
>> It's the default for the "evdev" driver according to the man page.
>> It's working basically as "XkbModel" "pc104" on the "kbd" driver.
> For the Brazillian ABNT2 keyboard, it was necessary to use a
> especially made model definition: evdev_abnt2. Apparently, the kernel
> should map the keys to symbols, but the evdev protocol just send
> keycodes, not symbols. I guess you will have to make a evdev_hungarian
> model definition.
>
> Regards,
> Ander

I needed this:
https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/xkeyboard-config/+bug/42846

For my Hungarian keyboard, I had to put this only line
in /usr/share/X11/xkb/keycodes/evdev :

<LSGT> = 94

And the only key that wasn't working before
now works with evdev. Bye-bye faketty. :-)

Best regards,
Zoltán Böszörményi