Keygrabbing not working for some keysyms (correction)

Pierre Ossman drzeus-list at drzeus.cx
Tue Jan 31 04:26:42 PST 2006

Michal Maruška wrote:
> Pierre Ossman <drzeus-list at drzeus.cx> writes:
>

>> I'm having problems with key events not reaching the application that
>> has grabbed the keysym. I don't know where to start digging so I need
>> some help.
>>

> you grab keycodes, not keysyms.

Sorry, I'm not completely familiar with the relation between scancodes,
keycodes (same as scancode?) and keysyms and how they are used.

>>  * The problem is keysym specific. So far I've only found one sym, Print.
>>

> Maybe your keymap has that keysym under 2 keycodes and your application grabs
> only 1 of them (the first one found)?

Ahhh... That seems to be it. Print shares the button with SysRq and
XKeysymToKeycode returns SysRq:s keycode (92), but the keyboard sends
Print's (111).

So what can I have done to bork this? (It's "correct" on my other machines)
Also, what would be the API for getting all mappings. XKeysymToKeycode
only gives a single keycode.

Rgds
Pierre