Xorg 6.9 patch submission - How?

Mon Jan 30 09:26:54 PST 2006

Matthias Hopf wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I haven't read anything about how patches for bugfixes are to be
> aplied to the monolitic tree. AFAICS bugs are made blockers for #5387
> and closed when they are included in monolitic.

That's because there is no way to do it right now.   First we need enough
people interested in working on it to make it happen.

> 1st) 5387 is called a tracker for 7.0.x - which makes me nervous if it
>      used for the monlitic tree

Right - it's for the modular tree, I don't think there is one for the
monolith yet.

> 2nd) Who should commit to the monolitic tree now - anyone with a clear
>      patch, Alan only?

Only the Release Manager for the 6.9.1 release - right now, no one has
volunteered to do so that I know of.   (I don't have the time to do it
right now.)

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg/2005-December/011752.html

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com