Performance issue

Felix Kühling fxkuehl at gmx.de
Sun Jan 29 20:53:48 PST 2006

Does it help if you export fthrottle_mode=0 in the shell before you
start the 3D applications? If it makes a huge difference then something
is wrong with interrupt handling on your machine.

Regards,
  Felix

Am Montag, den 30.01.2006, 02:49 +0100 schrieb Michael Stather:
> Hi,
>
> I´ve a Radeon 9250 with an athlon 1ghz and your "radeon" driver.
> Direct rendering is enabled (as glxinfo returns) but the performance is
> very low,
> e.g. quake 3 isn´t playable, neither are simple games like neverball or
> tuxracer.
> I´ve heard from other users as well as from tests that the performace is
> well enough to play q3 (about 5fps),
> while I get only about 5fps.
> What could be the reason?
>
> regards
>
> Michael Stather

| Felix Kühling <fxkuehl at gmx.de>                     http://fxk.de.vu |
| PGP Fingerprint: 6A3C 9566 5B30 DDED 73C3  B152 151C 5CC1 D888 E595 |