xkb problem (fwd) orig. mesg. from: Albert Shih

Matthieu Herrb matthieu.herrb at laas.fr
Sun Jan 29 11:06:54 PST 2006

Albert Shih wrote:
> Hello all.

Hi,

> I come back with my keyboard problem. I see no one answer to me. Maybe I'm
> in wrong mailing list. Anyone can tell me what mailing list I must use ?

Sorry to answer late, but this is the adequate list. Its members just
need to slack a bit less...

> Hi all
>
> Sorry to disturb all of you.
>
> I've very standard problem (I find a solution but...) with the new version
> of Xorg. I don't no if this problem interrest you.
>
> I've use a US_Keyboard and many time I use french langage to have many kind
> of à or é etc...
>
> Until the 6.8.0 version I use this configuration in my xorg.conf
>
> Section "InputDevice"
>         Identifier  "Keyboard0"
>         Driver      "keyboard"
>         Option  "AutoRepeat"    "500 30"
>         Option  "XkbRules"      "xorg"
>         Option  "XkbModel"      "pc105"
>         Option  "XkbSymbols"    "fr"
The above line is probably useless. It's overriden by the XkbLayout
declaration below.

>         Option  "XkbLayout"     "us_intl"
> EndSection
>
> and I can type é by type "'"+"e" (well I use deadkeys).

in 6.9, us_intl has been replaced by the "alt-intl" XKB variant. ie set:

	Option "XkbLayout" "us"
	Option "XkbVariant" "alt-intl"

--
Matthieu Herrb