X.Org Developers Meeting @FOSDEM2006

Egbert Eich eich at suse.de
Fri Jan 27 05:18:00 PST 2006

         The European X.Org Developers Meeting
          =====================================

	         and HotHouse @FOSDEM
                 ====================

We would like to repeat the invitation to our
X Developers meeting and X HotHouse

       @ FOSDEM2006 in Brussels, Belgium
           from June 24 to 26, 2006.

This event is ment to give the European X community
a place to meet. For all of you who will miss
XDevConf2006 in California this is a chance you
don't want to miss out on.

* If you always have been looking for a chance to meet
  with other developers in person to exchange ideas and
  hack together this event's for you:
  On Friday, Feb. 24, 2006 we will have an X developers
  HotHouse.

* On Saturday and Sunday Feb. 25/26. 2006 there will be
  a DevRoom @ FOSDEM with talks. We expect to have 5-6
  talks a day. This gives us plenty of time in between
  for discussions and more hacking.
  Stuart Kreitman the organizer of the XDevConf2006
  will be there to talk about the highlights of the
  California event.

Please check http://wiki.x.org/wiki/fosdem2006
for more details.

Call For Papers
---------------
  There are still slots for talks available.

  If you would like to give a little presentation about
  an X-related subject please get in touch with the
  organizers at mailto://fosdem-org@lists.x.org and
  send a title and brief abstract of your talk.
  Presentations will be accepted until the conference starts.
  However if you would like your talk to be announced in the
  official FOSDEM brochure please submit it before Feb, 3rd.
  The conference language will be English.

Fees
----
  Attendance of the HotHouse, FOSDEM and the XDevRoom at FOSDEM
  will be totally free!
  X.Org has limited funds for travel support are available,
  please contact the organizers at mailto://fosdem-org@lists.x.org
  for details.

Social Event
------------
  Don't miss out on fabulous Belgium delikatessen! We will
  have a social event at a local restaurant which offers
  mussels and a large variety of local beers!

Other Attractions
-----------------
  Brussels offers a huge number of attractions beyond X and
  Linux! The City of Brussels has a rich history, and thus has countless
  museums.  An absolute must is the belgian center of the comic strip.
  The Atomium  will be all shiny and new too as it'll be freshly replated
  by then.
  We have already talked about mussels and beer, but there are also
  Belgium chocolates and pastries to enjoy!

FOSDEM
------
  FOSDEM is one of Europe's biggest Linux and OpenSource
  community events for developers and users with high
  class talks and booths. Last year it counted roughly 3500
  participants. For more information about FOSDEM please
  turn to: http://www.fosdem.org/ .