XV ogle / mplayer interaction

Alexander Strasser eclipse7 at gmx.net
Thu Jan 26 08:26:48 PST 2006

Hi,

Xavier Bestel wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-01-26 at 00:34, Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wrote:
>
> > What it turned out to be was that mplayer was clearing the
> > "autopaint_colorkey", which caused ogle to no longer have XV set up
> > the way it needed it.
> >
> > It isn't clear to me who is in the wrong here.  Is the convention that
> > programs are supposed to leave things the way they found them and
> > mplayer is being sloppy or is the convention that every program needs
> > to setup everything it needs and ogle isn't being careful enough to
> > set things up the way it needs them?
>
> Ogle needs to setup things correctly. IIRC I found the very same problem
> some time ago with xine vs mplayer. Nowadays xine correctly setups Xv.

  I made the offending change to MPlayer and AFAICT the app should
check the things out it needs.
  If this wasn't the case i need to make modifications to remember
all changes and set them back to previous state before exit. But
this seems inconvinient and especially unsuseful as the app rarely
could make any assumptions about the Xv settings when starting up.

  Alex (beastd)