[patch] XVideo on my Radeon

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at kernel.crashing.org
Wed Jan 25 14:15:10 PST 2006

> I'm not sure what this specific change exactly should do, it does not
> really seem to match the cvs log ("Fix bug in Radeon connector table
> parsing -- parse all entries, not just the first." - at least by just
> looking at the code it seems feasible that the old code would parse the
> 2nd entry when the first one would be empty where the new code wouldn't,
> though since the new code uses a 16bit value instead of an 8bit one I'm
> not sure this interpretation is correct, as I've no idea how those bios
> tables really are supposed to look like).

I did that change... The spec says the table is termined with 0x0000 and
testing only 8 bits makes the code stop parsing before the end as some
valid entries can start with 0x00 (I had actual examples of that).

However, I don't know about the i > 1 thing. I assumed it was a hack to
workaround the former bug, it didn't make much sense based on the spec.
However the spec also provides a connector count so maybe I should test
that too.

In any way, I don't know for sure what's up with Xv, unless we end up
flipping CRTC1 and 2 but I'm not sure how/why that would have happened.

Ben.