multiseat -- still trying...

dave madden dhm at mersenne.com
Tue Jan 24 22:37:33 PST 2006

    DS> Look into the -isolateDevice option, as well as -novtswitch
    DS> and -sharevts.

Thanks, I should have realized the "blank now, work later" behavior
looked like VT switching.  I'm fiddling with these options but they're
causing system hangs and (apparently) CPU hogging that doesn't show up
clearly in ps(1).  I think I'll have to play with my kernel, X11
build, and maybe even card/slot order.  Yuck.

    JK> http://userful.com/products/free-2-user
    JK> Try this product for two independent stations out of single
    JK> machine.

That URL doesn't work for me, but I found the package you're talking
about.  I'd looked at it a couple of weeks ago, but I didn't install
it for some reason.  (Can't remember why -- not compatible with
Slackware?  Missing some required library?  Didn't want to deal with
proprietary software?)  If I don't have luck with plain X11R6.9, I'll
probably give it a go.

Thanks, everybody!