855GM not changing resolutions for games

tuxrocks at cox.net tuxrocks at cox.net
Fri Jan 20 09:04:21 PST 2006

> At the current time, I have my original xorg.conf that worked fine with
> release 6.8.2.  In other words, mode and modeline-less.  If adding them
> and
> then producing another log file would be of help, I can do that.

>Looking at this log you've only specified 1024x768 and 1280x1024 in
>your
>config file.

>Alan.

Actually, I haven't specified any, just like I never did when I was using
6.8.2 successfully.  I used the online modeline generator
(http://xtiming.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/xtiming.pl) and gtf to try to gather
some modelines; I will try again with the info from Roland concerning my
HSync range.  I will post the result.  Thanks to all.

Wayne