Radeon Xpress 200G Memory size

Fri Jan 20 08:48:06 PST 2006

Hey all,

I have a question, what are the relations between the different ways of
checking how much memory is used for the integrated graphics chip in the
Radeon Xpress 200 ? I tired lspci (the size of the largest PCI region,
xorg.logs (the size int10 reports as is found in the Xorg.log file),
grub (the memory grub reports at the boot screen) and windows XP64 (the
size the XP device manager reports) to check how much memory is used.
When i select 16M, 32M, 64M or 128M in the BIOS for the UMA size i get
the following values.

BIOS	lspci	xorg	xp64	grub
16M 	64M 	3072k 	16M 	632k/2078656k
32M 	64M 	7168k 	128M 	632k/2062272k
64M	128M	15360k	128M	632k/2029504k
128M	256M	31744k	256M	632k/1963968k

These values just look weird to me, is there a explanation on why they
look like that ?

TIA,

Erwin