X at FOSDEM2006: Hardware insurance and brochure deadline.

Luc Verhaegen libv at skynet.be
Thu Jan 19 19:46:45 PST 2006

There are only 5 weeks left until FOSDEM 2006, and things are starting
to take shape. We now have some exact deadlines where we only had
estimates before.

The wiki page is http://wiki.x.org/wiki/fosdem2006

* DevRoom Speaker Schedule:

The deadline for inclusion in the FOSDEM brochure is set at February
3rd. This can not be diverged from, if you don't make it, then you will
not see your name and topic listed in the brochure that's handed out to
all FOSDEM visitors. The only way that people will then know about
your presentation is by visiting the wiki. So even though later talks
will not be refused, it is an important deadline that you do not want to
miss.

So mail us ASAP at fosdem-org at lists.x.org with a title and a short
description. Your paper will only be due a week before the actual event.

* FOSDEM Hardware insurance:

If you want to make use of the free hardware insurance FOSDEM offers,
you will have to send us the following details before February 12th.

This insurance covers theft and accidental breakage, but only on the
Solbosch campus (where FOSDEM is held), and only during the FOSDEM event
itself. The HotHouse is not covered.

For every piece of hardware you want to see covered you need to provide:
- vendor and model (for instance: Dell Latitude D800).
- type of hardware (for instance: notebook).
- estimate of it's current value (not the new value) in EUR (which is
about 1.21usd currently).
- a serial number or another unique id that's visible on the device.

FOSDEM provides a locked room for overnight storage (saturday to sunday)
of hardware, under the surveillance of campus security.

Again, we can not diverge from this deadline. We need the details before
the 12th, or you will not be able to get insurance. So mail us at
fosdem-org at lists.x.org

* HotHouse & FOSDEM Hardware Insurance:

While it was originally announced that the insurance only applied for
the devroom speakers, this insurance can also apply to others. Since it
is obviously impossible to insure casual FOSDEM visitors, this will be
limited to those who are also visiting the HotHouse. So if you're coming
to the HotHouse, you can also get your hardware covered during the
DevRoom (not during the HotHouse itself).

See the previous bullet for more information.

---

Mail us (Egbert Eich, Keith Packard and myself) at
fosdem-org at lists.x.org for:
- Talks (title and description is needed ASAP)
- Insurance (with full details)
- HotHouse registration.
- More information.

Thanks,