Does anyone disagree that 5327 is a bug which needs to be fixed?

mcnichol at austin.ibm.com mcnichol at austin.ibm.com
Thu Jan 19 07:45:09 PST 2006

> From: Matthieu Herrb <matthieu.herrb at laas.fr>
>

> Mapping mouse wheel motion to button events is the only way that many
> existing applications have to support the wheel. Does this patch change
> the behaviour of such applications?

Many people seem to feel that mapping mouse wheel events to button events
is a kludge.  And there are other ways to do it without effecting most
applications.

On AIX we implemented a design that the old X.Org worked on several years
ago.

Basically we added code to libXt that uses the XInput extension to get
the wheel events.  The same could be done for GTK and Qt.

Dan