xorgcfg not working

Marcus Schäfer ms at suse.de
Thu Jan 19 07:25:07 PST 2006

Hi,

> xorgcfg is not working in my system.
>
> I've built Xorg 7.0, modular.
> When I ran Xorg -configure it made my system unusable, so I had to
> turn off the machine.
> I tried with a xorg.conf file that I used in xor 6.8.2 and it is fine
> (after some edit)
>
> Now I try xorgcfg (both from console with no xorg running, and
> with DISPLAY defined) and it complains:
>
> luca at guendaline:~$ xorgcfg
> Can't create rules structure

You should have to create a link in /etc/X11/xkb/rules named
xfree86.lst pointing to base.lst otherwise xorgcfg doesn't start.

Once running you may notice another problem because the xorgcfg
integrated loader isn't able to load the .so modules anymore
because of missing symbols which requires to introduce a set of
dummy functions to workaround. See bugzilla: 5502 (5564) for
details

Regards
Marcus
--
 Public Key available
 Marcus Schäfer (Res. & Dev.)   SUSE LINUX Products GmbH