DPMS/Radeon - screen keeps switching back on

Tue Jan 17 18:40:32 PST 2006

Kevin Shanahan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem with DPMS that started after upgrading from xorg
> 6.8.2 to 6.9 (Debian). When I type: "xset dpms force off", the laptop
> screen switches off, as I want it to, but a few seconds later it
> switches back on

Probably not what you're seeing, but I've found on some faster machines, you
need to do "sleep 1 ; xset dpms force off" so the KeyRelease event for
the return key has been processed before the dpms force off is processed,
since most terminals will execute the command on the KeyPress event,
leaving a tiny race condition opportunity for the KeyRelease to wake
up the system if xset can exec fast enough.

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com