i810 rotate memory range off?

Josh Myer josh at joshisanerd.com
Tue Jan 17 16:43:03 PST 2006

First off: thanks for getting i810 rotation working!  It's not quite
working here, but the pieces are there and it just needs some massaging.
  I'd appreciate any feedback or help in making it work here.

I'm using the i810 driver with Rotate: it almost works, but the memory
range mappings seem to be off.  There's a region of random-ish noise on
the far right of the screen, with a weird little band of noise at the
bottom as well.  I took a picture of the display while running,
available at:
   http://www.joshisanerd.com/i810_rotate_corruption.jpg

The logfile is at:
   http://www.joshisanerd.com/i810_rotate_corruption_log.txt

The reason I say the left-hand band is random-ish is that, if I switch
ot the VESA driver, then switch back to the i810 driver, the desktop
contents at shutdown of the old server appear over there.

Also, it's setting up a 1600x1200 virtual desktop.  The far right edge
of this desktop doesn't quite match up with the memory mappings: I can
shoot my cursor ~100pixels off the end, then pull it back in.  Whenever
I move a window over there, its contents get pushed into a ~32pixel
strip along the right edge, moving down the screen as I move to the right.

X.org is 6.8.2 from Debian, built 29nov05

This is in a Dell Inspiron 300m with the 852GM/855GM chipset.

Thanks again for all the work on this!
--
/jbm