DPMS/Radeon - screen keeps switching back on

Felix Kühling fxkuehl at gmx.de
Tue Jan 17 10:25:39 PST 2006

Am Dienstag, den 17.01.2006, 23:10 +1030 schrieb Kevin Shanahan:
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem with DPMS that started after upgrading from xorg
> 6.8.2 to 6.9 (Debian). When I type: "xset dpms force off", the laptop
> screen switches off, as I want it to, but a few seconds later it
> switches back on again. Xscreensaver doesn't seem to switch off the
> screen as it used to either.
>
> I couldn't find any way to configure extra logging from X as to what
> event is causing the screen to wake up again. Does anyone have any
> ideas or things to try?

Disconnect the mouse or turn it upside-down? Optical mice sometimes have
a little jitter. If the mouse sensitivity changed with Xorg 6.9 that
would explain it. You can also use xev to check if you're getting any
spurious input events.

HTH,
  Felix

> Thanks,
> Kevin.

| Felix Kühling <fxkuehl at gmx.de>                     http://fxk.de.vu |
| PGP Fingerprint: 6A3C 9566 5B30 DDED 73C3  B152 151C 5CC1 D888 E595 |