DRI for Intel 855GM

Bryan Whitmore f1maybach at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 08:20:22 PST 2006

I have success on an i915GM using the i810 DRI kit from
http://dri.freedesktop.org/snapshots/ on top of an updated FC4
installation.  I use 6.8.2 from livna via yum update.

I get acceleration on one display (glxgears ~1200 fps at 4% cpu), and no
acceleration on the 2nd display (~700 fps at 100% cpu).  I have seen reports
of up to 1400 fps with this chipset, but your milage may vary.

The intel driver snapshots from the freedesktop.org site are packaged with
an installer, which will build and link the kernel-mode modules required for
direct rendering support.  I only have experience doing this on Fedora, so I
couldn't tell you what is required on other distributions.

I have attached my xorg.conf file, which is not pretty but it does work as
described (on my Dell d610 w/Fedora FC4).  Perhaps this will be some help.

Cheers,

Bryan