7.0 configure of xdriinfo

Eric Anholt eta at lclark.edu
Fri Jan 13 16:20:01 PST 2006

On Fri, 2006-01-13 at 17:08 +0100, Matthias Hopf wrote:
> The configure script for xdriinfo checks for glXGetProcAddress. This is
> only part of the not-yet released GLX 1.4 spec. Up to GLX 1.3 only
> glXGetProcAddressARB is available.
>
> This basically forbids building xdriinfo on systems with the proprietary
> nvidia driver (+ libGL) installed. I changed this to
> glXGetProcAddressARB, as it is supported in Mesa as well, and even Mesa
> uses it internally more likely (e.g. in glut) than the GLX 1.4 function.
>
> Any objections?

If you don't define GLX_GLXEXT_LEGACY before including GL headers, you
won't get the prototype on DRI machines, and as a result the app will
segfault on amd64 due to the guessed prototype being wrong.

Other than that, I should have committed the diff right after the
freeze :/

Eric Anholt                                     eta at lclark.edu
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/              anholt at FreeBSD.org