MESA_render_texture, Xgl(x) and my NVIDIA card

Matthias Hopf mhopf at suse.de
Fri Jan 13 07:07:30 PST 2006

On Jan 13, 06 14:36:43 +0100, Christian Parpart wrote:
> > Make sure that the client (not Xgl itself) is using the Mesa libGL.so as
> > that contains the requisite GLX extensions. glxinfo should show
> > MESA_render_texture twice, once in the list of server extensions and
> > once in the list of available extensions.

For me it only helped to actually link glxcompmgr statically to a
patched Mesa (well, the patch wasn't included upstream at that time).

> Okay, I got it this way, and I've installed the mesa GL libs
> into /opt/sandbox/fdo/lib/ as well, however, when performing glxinfo on this
> Xglx display, I can't grep for GLX_render_texture extention, although,
> neither glXBindTexImageMESA nor glXReleaseTexImageMESA are included into the
> binary objects (nm libGL.so | grep $name), but when grepping the source tree,
> I see, that I really patched it and it is included,
> however, when looking into the Mesa/src/glx/x11/ directory, I just can see
> the .c and .h files, no compiled intermediate output (.o's).

Did you compile Mesa with dri support? Only in that case the relevant
GLX part is compiled and linked into the library...
Yes, I know, you won't actually need anything dri related for this.

> I compiled the Mesa tree by invoking:
>     make linux && make install

make linux-dri

CU