Proprietary drivers (was: Re: nv performance)

René Rebe rene at exactcode.de
Wed Jan 11 00:17:46 PST 2006

Hi,

On Wednesday 11 January 2006 05:04, Daniel Stone wrote:

> > Hm, let see: They do not run on the PowerPC64 I type from, they do not run on the Ultra30
> > on the other desk, nor on the Alpha somwhere else. Hm 0% percent of the hardware
> > here. Sounds like they are good supported. Let aside debugging and deep kernel changes
> > headache ...
> >
> > And on my fathers Riva TNT2 they only produce artifacts when I last checked it
> > a year ago ...
>
> Can we please move this binary vs open source drivers argument somewhere
> else?  It's been had numerous times already.

I think it is valid to remeber people on the downsides. After all this is not a
nvidia support list but about open source development.

Proposing to install a binary only driver here is as proposing to install
Windows on linux-kernel or wine list.

Yours,

--
René Rebe - Rubensstr. 64 - 12157 Berlin (Europe / Germany)
            http://www.exactcode.de | http://www.t2-project.org