Finishing Composite to handle transformed windows

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Tue Jan 10 17:13:53 PST 2006

On Tue, 2006-01-10 at 08:30 -0700, Brian Paul wrote:

> Just to summarize, I think Allen's "many FBConfigs for each visual"
> idea is probably the most practical, but it would require some DRI/GLX
> work.  Ian Romanick might be able to provide more details since he
> last worked on the fbconfig/visual code.

There's no tremendous hurry here; we can't usefully use Mesa/DRI for a
Compositing manager until Mesa/DRI can paint to the off-screen buffers
holding the redirected content.

The only question is whether using an alternate FBConfig is feasible,
and it looks to be not only a feasible change, but actually supported in
the GLX 1.3 API.

-keith