Finishing Composite to handle transformed windows

Brian Paul brian.paul at tungstengraphics.com
Tue Jan 10 07:28:27 PST 2006

Keith Packard wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-01-09 at 15:13 -0700, Brian Paul wrote:
>

>>Otherwise, I don't think we'll have a way to dynamically change the
>>attributes of GLX visual (or change a drawable's visual) anytime soon.
>

> I think that's the key issue; fixing this would take significant
> rearchitecture of the Mesa memory manager, and we'd like something that
> works 'today' please. And, for GL, that appears to mean a separate
> window. Ick.

It's more of a DRI/GLX problem than a Mesa problem.

Allen's suggestion of making a variety of FBConfigs that correspond to
an X visual is probably the simplest.  It would probably require some
work in the DRI/GLX code and the applications would have to use the
newer GLX 1.3 functions like glXCreateWindow and glXMakeContextCurrent
rather than the ubiquitous 1.2 functions.

-Brian