Event redirection adventures

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Mon Jan 9 10:58:28 PST 2006

On Mon, 2006-01-09 at 10:19 +0000, Keith Whitwell wrote:

> I was skimming til I hit this - seems fairly extreme - consider a 2k x 2k
> desktop - no longer the sole preserve of air traffic controllers - you've just
> added a 16meg data structure...  If you really need to do this sort of lookup,
> consider something like a BSP tree which could generalize the current
> axis-aligned window boundary structure to cope with arbitary polygonal shapes...

Yeah, there are many possible data structures; I mostly wanted to make
it clear that there is a distinction between hit detection and
transformation, and that we can usefully use this to create different
data structures to solve each problem.

I have a machine with a 5760x1200 desktop myself...

-keith