Latest Xgl code

Dimitar Toshev mo6eeeb at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 00:42:21 PST 2006

On Sunday 08 January 2006 22:22, Hanno Böck wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 8. Januar 2006 20:36 schrieb Dimitar Toshev:
> > I am also running modular Xorg on a ~x8 6 gentoo. However, I just made
> > three ebuilds to handle the install of glitz, mesa and xgl from cvs.
>
> I tried the same, but failed to build mesa cvs with david's patches:
>
> glxcmds.c:1726: Warnung: no previous prototype for »glXSwapIntervalMESA«
> glxcmds.c:1758: Warnung: no previous prototype for »glXGetSwapIntervalMESA«
> glxcmds.c:1788: Warnung: no previous prototype for
> »glXBeginFrameTrackingMESA« glxcmds.c:1808: Warnung: no previous prototype
> for »glXEndFrameTrackingMESA« glxcmds.c:1829: Warnung: no previous
> prototype for »glXGetFrameUsageMESA« glxcmds.c:1857: Warnung: no previous
> prototype for »glXQueryFrameTrackingMESA« glxcmds.c:2595: Warnung: no
> previous prototype for »glXBindTexImageMESA« glxcmds.c: In Funktion
> »glXBindTexImageMESA«:
> glxcmds.c:2618: Fehler: »X_GLXvop_BindTexImageMESA« undeclared (first use
> in this function)
> glxcmds.c:2618: Fehler: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> glxcmds.c:2618: Fehler: for each function it appears in.)
> glxcmds.c: Auf höchster Ebene:
> glxcmds.c:2636: Warnung: no previous prototype for »glXReleaseTexImageMESA«
> glxcmds.c: In Funktion »glXReleaseTexImageMESA«:
> glxcmds.c:2659: Fehler: »X_GLXvop_ReleaseTexImageMESA« undeclared (first
> use in this function)
>
> Did you apply the patches? With mesa-glx-x11-render-texture-5.diff, the
> build fails.
>
> Can you put your ebuilds somewhere online or mail them to me?

I am mailing you an overlay tarball of the ebuilds. Just unpack
in /usr/local/portage and then emerge xgl-x11. You'll want to set the glx
use-flag ro enable glx support in Xgl. Bear in mind, though, that this will
install mesa and glitz from cvs globally on your system. I am still unable to
get direct rendering with mesa from cvs for the opensource drivers. The
proprietary nVidia/ATI drivers should work fine.
And about the mesa patches - I did not apply them. They are probably already
in cvs.