Latest Xgl code

Dimitar Toshev mo6eeeb at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 11:36:35 PST 2006

On Sunday 08 January 2006 18:42, Sebastian Bergmann wrote:
> David Reveman schrieb:
> > my latest Xgl code is now available in a tarboll from here:
> >
> > http://www.freedesktop.org/~davidr/
>
>  I built this snapshot using these instructions [1] on my Gentoo Linux
>  (~x86, Modular X.org 7.0) laptop and used it for a couple of hours with
>  GNOME, Firefox, Thunderbird, etc. for normal desktop operations. The
>  only issue I encountered so far is the fact that transparency in
>  OpenOffice.org 2.0.1 does not work, be it icons with transparency or
>  PNG images with transparency that are inserted in OOo Impress slides:
>  instead of the transparency black is displayed.
>
>  --
>  [1] http://tinyurl.com/8wfcg

I am also running modular Xorg on a ~x8 6 gentoo. However, I just made three
ebuilds to handle the install of glitz, mesa and xgl from cvs. All went fine,
but when I build Xgl with glx support, I get the following error:
$ Xgl :1 -ac -accel xv:pbuffer -accel glx:pbuffer
dlopen: /usr/lib/modules/xgl/libxglx.so: undefined symbol: glDrawBuffersARB
_XSERVTransSocketOpenCOTSServer: Unable to open socket for inet6
_XSERVTransOpen: transport open failed for inet6/localhost:1
_XSERVTransMakeAllCOTSServerListeners: failed to open listener for inet6
_XSERVTransSocketUNIXCreateListener: ...SocketCreateListener() failed
_XSERVTransMakeAllCOTSServerListeners: server already running

Fatal server error:
Cannot establish any listening sockets - Make sure an X server isn't already
running

My gfx card is a Radeon 9600 and I'm guessing that the problem is in ATI's
OpenGL implementation lacking the needed extension, but I may be totally off
here.