Latest Xgl code

Christopher Bayliss bayliscg at baylisscg.org
Sun Jan 8 06:30:30 PST 2006

Christian Güdel wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-01-05 at 00:23 +0000, Christopher Bayliss wrote:
>
>>I built mine in a chroot so I have a list of, hopefully, all the
>>packages needed to build it. Anyone interested?
>

> Yes, here.

Ok. I was using Mesa CVS, the kdrive CVS of Xgl and glitz CVS. I don't
know if it will work with the version of glitz that is supplied with
breezy. Here is the list of packages I added, it may not be complete or
minimal but it should cover most of the dependencies.

x11proto-randr-dev
x11proto-render-dev
x11proto-fixes-dev
x11proto-damage-dev
x11proto-xext-dev
x11proto-fonts-dev
x11proto-core-dev
x11proto-composite-dev
x11proto-resource-dev
x11proto-record-dev
x11proto-kb-dev
x11proto-bigreqs-dev
x11proto-xcmisc-dev
x11proto-scrnsaver-dev

libxrandr-dev
libxrender-dev
libxfixes-dev
libxdamage-dev
libxcomposite-dev
libxfont-dev
libxres-dev
libxv-dev
libxdmcp-dev
libgl1-mesa-dev
xtrans-dev

To build it I used:

Create a drawer to build in.

Get Xgl tree.
$ cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs at cvs.freedesktop.org:/cvs/xserver login
CVS password: <hit return>
$ cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs at cvs.freedesktop.org:/cvs/xserver co xserver

Get Mesa CVS
$ cvs -d:pserver:anoncvs at cvs.freedesktop.org:/cvs/mesa co Mesa

Patch Mesa
$ cd Mesa
$ patch -p0 mesa-glx-x11-get-drawable-attribs-fix-1.diff
$ patch -p0 mesa-glx-x11-render-texture-5.diff

Patches in David's original post.
Build glitz if you need it.

Build xserver
$ cd xserver

Possibly run ./autogen here I didn't note if I did. Sorry.

$ export MESA_SOURCE_DIR=../Mesa
$ ./configure --enable-xglserver --enable-glx --enable-xkb
--with-mesa-source=$MESA_SOURCE_DIR <YOUR CHOICE OF VARIABLES>

then make, make install .....
Anyone with ( some | any ) experience of building X please feel free to
correct me.