hyperpen doesn't work for me (left button always pressed, cursor jumps)

Manuel Reimer Manuel.Spam at nurfuerspam.de
Sat Jan 7 14:18:27 PST 2006

Hello,

I use the driver "hyperpen" which comes with XOrg. I'm trying to get my
Medion MD 9310 to work with that.

My problem is that, as soon as I use my pen, the left mouse key is
always pressed even if I don't touch the pad. To "unpress" it I have to
move the pen away from the pad. Another problem is that the cursor jumps
if I get closer to the pad. If my pen has a distance of about 3
millimeters to the pad, then the pad works in relative mode even if I've
set it to absolute mode. If I get closer to the pad (touch it with the
pen) then the pad starts to work in absolute mode and my cursor jumps to
where it should be. That way it's unfortunately impossible to work with
the pad...

Can someone please tell me why I have such problems?

Thank you very much in advance

Yours

Manuel