Latest Xgl code

Matthias Hopf mhopf at suse.de
Thu Jan 5 07:31:36 PST 2006

On Jan 04, 06 00:02:54 +0000, Christopher Bayliss wrote:
> There is something wrong with the -vbo option. Things are drawn properly
> but artefacts build up as bits of the display aren't cleared when
> something is moved. Areas get written over with black sometimes.

Vertex buffer objects are broken in several drivers. So your milage may
vary, depending on the driver. I don't think I have seen a perfectly
working driver WRT that feature recently, though, so there could be bugs
in Xgl as well...

> The keyboard *sometimes* doesn't work. I always get a warning about XKB
> but sometimes I get either garbage or nothing when I type.

I had this issue twice, but only after a longer demo. Dunno what's
happening there right now.

Matthias

--
Matthias Hopf <mhopf at suse.de>       __        __   __