Latest Xgl code

Christoph Hellwig hch at lst.de
Mon Jan 2 08:28:59 PST 2006

On Mon, Jan 02, 2006 at 11:17:39AM +0100, David Reveman wrote:
> I'd like to get this code into freedesktop CVS asap. I suggest that we
> put it in a xgl module for now as I'm guessing that it'll take some time
> before everything can be merged into Xorg and I don't want to spend any
> time merging the code back into the kdrive tree.

This sounds rather horrible.  Dave and Eric have done some nice work in
the public, so you as the person who refused to work in the public
should merged into that, after approval of the other developers.

> It even includes some Xorg server wrapper code so
> that when running Xgl without an X server present it can launch an Xorg
> server and run Xgl fullscreen on it.

This sounds like a horrible layering violation.  Why do you need to add
such a horrible hack instead of writing a simple shell script?