Stripping binaries in modular build

Martijn Uffing mp3project at sarijopen.student.utwente.nl
Tue Feb 28 04:52:50 PST 2006

Ave people

I'm trying to build xorg/Mesa from the CVS tree on a debian sarge system.
So far so good, but the resulting /tmp/modular and building tree are
becoming... quite huge.

I can imagine the CVS tree is meant to be build for developers, so full of
debug info. However, I just want to test it with my hardware and want
to keep the /tmp/modular and buildtree small.

I can't find any switch in the build.sh script or the various configure
scripts to strip the binaries of debug info. Do I overlook something?

Greetz Mu

Btw: I'm very impressed with the speed of development at the moment.
     Keep the momentum folks!