radeon page flipping fixed BUT ...

Adam Jackson ajax at nwnk.net
Mon Feb 27 08:07:57 PST 2006

On Sunday 26 February 2006 05:16, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> Now I move the window around, the content heavily flickers, alternating
> between the gears and a black content.
>
> When I "drop" the window (stop moving it), it will either be the gears
> running happily ... or the black content. In that later case, it will
> stay black until I move the window again and drop it at the right time
> to get the gears back.
>
> I don't know much about what's going on with DRI when moving windows
> around so I would appreciate if somebody more familiar with that stuff
> could help me figure that one out.

Basically, every time a DRI drawable's clip list changes, the server sets a
flag in the SAREA to notify the client of this fact.  The client then asks
the server for the updated clip list via the XF86DRIGetDrawableInfo protocol
request.

It sounds like either the client is thinking it's getting a bogus clip list,
or the client and server are getting confused about which buffer is the front
buffer.

- ajax